Thursday, November 19, 2009

Altering Poe's Story

If I was a participant in The House of Usher, I would try to stop Roderick from putting Madeline into the tomb. I would try to explain to Roderick that Madeline is not really dead and he should let her stay in her room. But before Madeline goes into her coma, I would have tried to get her to leave the house and try to get Roderick to leave the house. Because if both people were removed from the house then possibly Roderick, Madeline, and the house would be saved.

If I could not remove Roderick and Madeline from the house, I would go into the crypt and take Madeline out of the tomb. This would hopefully prevent her from dying, and Roderick dying from grief. If none of these options worked I would use my last resort and lock Roderick in his rooms so Madeline could not get to him. Basically, I would try my hardest to keep both Madeline and Roderick Usher alive.

1 comment:

  1. How would you convince Roderick that she is not dead?

    Would they still really be saved by leaving the house? Wouldn't Madeline still have a mysterious sickness.

    I like how you would do your hardest to keep them apart. You keep your options open by having multiple plans of action in case one of them goes wrong.

    ReplyDelete