Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Burning Life Fashion Show

During Burning Life I decided to go to the Fashion Show. I decided to go there because I am interested in learning about how a business can work in Second Life. I had many questions about running a business in SL, but my main question was is it worth in monetarily to run a business in SL or is a business more profitable in the "real world". I did not ask these questions to anyone in attendance, but I did begin to realize the real money that you can make in SL. Before the fashion show I thought in using Second Life as a business one could only make a small amount of money. But I soon discovered at the fashion show, people can make really good money from in this case designing clothes in SL.

In addition to learning about running a business in SL I discovered that you really need to follow the rules of etiquette in SL, because people will get mad at you if you do not, but aren't their rules both written and unwritten for every society including virtual worlds. Thus, the rules of etiquette were expected.

Overall, I enjoyed the fashion show and got answers to my questions although I did not actually ask any questions. And I discovered the importance of business and rules of etiquette in Second Life. Although I did notice how unrealistic most of the clothes were, most were so unrealistic I did not really appreciate them but there were a couple of outfits that I really liked. I really enjoyed going to the fashion show because I got the opportunity to interact with other avatars.

1 comment:

  1. In your first paragraph I think you meant "realize" instead of "realise".

    Was the fashion show situated like a real one? Were there cool clothes!? Was your event crowded because mine wasn't?

    ReplyDelete