Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Avatar in Second Life

For my English 103 class we recently had to create an avatar in Second Life. This was a completely new experience of me and I did not know what to expect. When I created my Avatar I gave it the name Jordyn. I chose this name because I really like the name Jordan but that name was already taken, so I chose the next best version of that name. Also, with Second Life you can make your avatar look as close to the real you as you want. I did not do this because I feel like there is only one me and there should not be a copy of me online. However, I did change multiple things about my avatar, this include its eye color, I changed it to blue, its hair color, I changed it blonde, and its clothes, I changed them to things that I like but would not wear in real life. Overall, I feel like the avatar is a good idea for the class but I don't think I will use it after this class is over, and I am not sure of how I feel having an avatar, even though it does not really look like me, online.

No comments:

Post a Comment